The British Tugowners Association will hold their annual full day safety seminar on Thursday 8 November 2018, at the UK Chamber of Shipping, London.
The seminar will examine recent incidents, discuss accident prevention and will hear from tug experts, pilots and investigators. With an audience of tug masters, pilots, marine superintendents, P&I clubs, lawyers and others, the aim is to inform, discuss and share best practice.
Provisional Outline Programme:
- 0915 – Registration, Tea & Coffee
- 0940 – Welcome & Introduction – Nick Dorman, BTA Chairman, Targe Towing
- 1000 – UK Chamber Safety Culture – Fena Boyle, UK Chamber of Shipping
- 1015 – A Review of P&I – Carri Woodburn, Shipowners P&I
- 1100 – The pilot’s view – Hywel Pugh, UKMPA
- 1140 – Refreshment Break
- 1200 – Accident Investigation – Andy Moll, MAIB
- 1250 – BTA Safety Statistics – Scott Baker, Svitzer Marine
- 1315 – Lunch
- 1400 – Discretionary Safety & Workshops – James Pomeroy, Lloyds Register
- 1510 – Plenary discussions
- 1530 – Close
All involved in harbour towage and pilotage are are strongly encouraged to save the date for this important event. Attendance is free for BTA and Chamber members along with invited guests, whilst non-members are welcome to attend for a charge.
If you have any queries or questions please get in touch with the BTA Secretary, Robert Merrylees via email or on 0207 417 2843
The seminar is kindly sponsored by Lloyds Register