Please find below a list of useful links and reference articles for use and review.
Regulator & Accident Investigation
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- MCA Seafarer Services
- UK Ship Register and Red Ensign Group
- UK Flag State
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch
- Investigating marine accidents involving UK vessels worldwide and all vessels in UK territorial waters.
Technical & Safety
- MCA Marine Notices
- How the MCA promulgate information out to industry.
- MCA Safety Bulletins
- Latest bulletins on key safety matters.
- MCA Port Marine Safety Code
- Safety code for harbour authorities with statutory powers and duties in the UK.
- MCA’s Port Marine Safety Code – Guide to Good Practice
- Good practice guide on the management of ports, harbours and other marine facilities.
- Code of Safe Working Practices
- 2020 Amendment, advising on improving the health and safety of seafarers primarily on board UK registered ships.
- MGN 199 (M) Dangers of Interaction
- What are the effects of hydrodynamic interaction on vessel manoeuvrability in constrained waters
BTA Operational Safety Releases
- Coastal and Offshore Towage Plan Aide Memoire
- Considerations for carrying out Coastal and Offshore Towage Operations
- Tug safety – assisted ship guide to connecting up
- Guidance for when connecting up to the assisted vessel
- Ship Assist and Harbour Towage Plan Aide Memoire
- Considerations for carrying out Ship Assist and Harbour Towage operations
Vessel Design & Operation